Work With Us
Denefield is a happy and exciting place to work, where every member of the school team is valued. We recognise that our staff are the main reason behind our successful school. Both teaching and support staff are committed, enthusiastic and hardworking, all believing firmly that we should help students to be and do their best. We understand that the wellbeing of our staff is essential and that they need to feel supported so that they in turn can support our students and ensure that they succeed in life.
Our aim is that every student, regardless of ability of circumstance, leaves Denefield with the foundation for a rich and fulfilling life. Success for life is underpinned by the curriculum we teach, the qualifications that students gain, and by the CHARACTER values that are embedded throughout the school. Denefield students are happy, confident and polite making this a rewarding environment in which to work.
Top 5 reasons to work at Denefield
- Strong behaviour systems – we believe in clear routines, appropriate responses and outstanding relationships fuelled by mutual respect. This means that students can learn in lessons and teachers can teach. We centralise detentions so that teachers are free to think about curriculum and pedagogy.
- Great curriculum resources – clear and coherent schemes of work that mean you can focus on how you teach.
- Commitment to high quality CPD – we’ll support and challenge you as an individual so you can develop your skills as a teacher - whatever your career stage or experience.
- Work smarter not harder – we focus on evidence-based approaches where teacher-time spent is commensurate with the impact on student outcome. This means, for example, that we use whole-class feedback rather than individual comments because at Denefield, we want you spending time on things that will actually make a difference!
- Staff well-being as a priority – we care about our staff as teachers and as people. Teams work very closely together and support each other day-to-day. Our commitment to your health and well-being is centred around making sure you are only asked to do the things that make the most difference to our students, but we also sign up to initiatives like 'bike to work' and offer all staff a free winter flu vaccination and access to an employee assistance programme.
We welcome applications from international teachers and are able to sponsor eligible candidates. Please come and visit or get in touch to find out more about Denefield.
Denefield is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All short-listed candidates will be subject to online searches and any successful candidates will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check along with other relevant pre-employment checks. CVs will not be accepted
Facilities Manager - closing at 9.00am on Monday 11 December
Teacher of Biology - closing at 9.00am on Tuesday 9 January
Teacher of Chemistry - closing at 9.00am on Tuesday 9 January
Teacher of English - closing at 9.00am on Monday 18 December
Expression of interest Form