Denefield School celebrates a record-breaking set of GCSE results
Denefield’s results are the school’s best ever at GCSE and equivalent level, and show sustained progress over the last four years.
• 61% of students achieved 5 or more passes at grades A* - C including English and maths. This represents a 17 percentage point increase on last year’s results and is the school’s highest ever result.
• 85 % gained a set of 5 or more passes at grade C or above; again, this is a new ‘highest ever’ bench mark for the school and the highest across all West Berkshire schools.
• 100% achieved 5 or more passes at grades A* to G.
• 33% achieved the EBacc, a 19 percentage point increase.
The school has rigorously focussed on data to ensure that all students are supported to perform to the very best of their ability and to achieve at or above their personal targets. Flush with success, the majority have decided to continue their studies in Denefield Sixth Form where they are starting their A level and BTEC courses.
A number of students are worthy of particular mention and their photographs will soon be gracing the ‘wall of fame’ in the school hall:
• Josie Elliott 10A* - the highest ever set of individual results achieved by a student at Denefield
• Jemima Stevens 8A*, 3A, 1B
• Connor Coyle 2A*, 11A
• Robert Maddams 2A*, 8A
• Alinah Ahmed 4A*, 3A, 4B
• Reuben King 3A*, 6A, 1B
• Zoe Pluck 3A*, 6A, 2B
• Edou Abdul Latif 2A*, 6A, 2B
• Philippa Sale 2A*, 4A, 5B
Glyn Whiteford, Headteacher, said: “We give our warmest congratulations to our students and wish them well for the next stage in their lives. These results are testament to the commitment and hard work of our students, teachers, school leaders and governors over the last twelve months. It is a vindication of our belief in high expectations, good teaching and ambition for every young person. I am sure that our fantastic new facilities, together with
sustained improvement in teaching and learning, will support our students in achieving even higher academic standards over the next few years.”
Welcome to Denefield School
Denefield is an 11-18 academy in West Berkshire which sits on the outskirts of Reading. The school provides education for the children and young people of both Reading and West Berkshire Local Authorities. At Denefield, every member of our staff is fully committed to serving the needs of the local young people and the wider community.
We are proud that the school now benefits from a new science and technology block, a multi-use indoor atrium, new Sixth Form teaching, leisure and study spaces, and refurbished facilities for other departments right across the school. Importantly, the new buildings also provide an additional resource to be used by the whole community, especially our partner primary schools.
Read the rest of the Head's letter here...